Friday, July 15, 2011

Marc and JLo Sure Do Put on a Good Show

So it's over for March Anthony and Jennifer Lopez. After seven years of marriage and 3 year old twins, the two are calling it quits. While there are much bigger things going on in this country and the world, I decided to comment because I just watched an entire season of these two frauds kissing and salsa dancing all over the American Idol stage. I just had to sit through them sharing flirtatious glances, and mutually bragging about each other in interviews and filler segments. Some say Jennifer made Marc relevant again. Some say he's the only talent between the two of them. All I know is they have a pair of twins that didn't ask to be born. It's sad how quickly these celebrities marry and divorce, cheat and go to rehab, etc., and as their lives play out for us in the media spotlight, their children are often forgotten. This is JLo's third go around and after seven years and two children, unless he was beating her or performing some extreme act of injustice within their marriage, one has to wonder... why? Why split up your babies' only home and life that they ever knew? Why break up only to have to find love again and possibly fail at it just as horribly or even worse? Does anyone even try anymore? While I know that I have no clue as to what was going on behind the Anthony's closed doors of their home, I just wish I knew what was so horrible that they have to throw it all away after appearing to be so much in love as recently as the American Idol finale. We've been duped and bamboozled once again by the false relationships and often media generated love fests that appear to be nothing more than two rich people coming together for the sake of status and style. Leave all substance and sanity at the door.  And don't get me wrong, I know this is none of my business, and I wish them the best as they move forward, but aside from the sensationalism of a celebrity divorce, at the end of it all, there are real children involved, who are rich, but don't know it... who are famous but couldn't care less. Children who I bet would probably trade in their trust funds for a stable home with unselfish parents.

1 comment:

  1. Another one bites the dust. Seems as though they get what they want out of these relationships and just bounce. Seems like there is no real commitment or trying to make it work. It is more like, oh well, we tried, I'm done. Like you said, we don't know what goes on behind close doors but dag. Oh well Nick and Vanessa got married on Friday and even have a show about it airing on July 30th. Let's see how this enfolds. Hopefully she knows the difference between chicken and tuna.

    ReplyDelete